August 25, 2021
It’s that time of year, where we try to squeeze the last drops out of summer vacation while anxiously preparing to head back to school and work. We all know that this will look a little different this year, but given the events of the last 18 months, it’s exciting to return to something resembling normal.
Check out our recent video below featuring some ideas for getting you back into the swing of things!
We have stocked our retail store with items that we believe will help you make this transition easier. Starting with the most important meal of the day, we have some tips and suggestions for you.
- Red Apron leftovers from the night before always taste delicious with a poached or fried egg on top! Think rice-vegetable-egg, or potato-meat-egg, trust me it’s a winner every time!
- Against the Grain farm supplies us with pancake mix and muffin mix that is made from a blend of highly nutritious, heritage grains like barley flour & corn flour.
- Sheldon Creek Dairy produces delicious, gently flavoured and sweetened milks in seasonal varieties. Currently we are carrying the Strawberry Milk and S’mores Milk in addition to the A2, Whole Milk and Cream! Delicious on berries, or breakfast cereal. Their yogurt is rich and nutritions and perfect for making smoothies, or to serve with fruit and Red Apron’s house made Granola in two flavours.
- Beking’s Eggs, Creel & Gambrel Bacon, and Around the Block Sausages round out our traditional breakfast offerings.
Lunches can be a real challenge for busy parents rushing out the door in the mornings. We have expanded our retail offerings to include Mepal storage containers in a variety of sizes. They go from fridge to freezer, to microwave to lunch bag and are leak proof and beautiful. Our Danica Tiffin containers, and Small Hinza Bags are a stylish way to transport your lunch to and from school or work.
Fill your lunch bag with a variety of nutritions options including:
- A selection from daily lunch offerings including sandwiches, noodle bowls, and side salads. The generous size of these offerings would make them an ideal option to share.
- Scout Canning’s tinned salmon & tuna are obvious choices for lunch sandwiches and salads.
- Against the Grain Corn chips paired with our house made dips is a delicious and nutritious option for lunch, accompanied by some fresh cut vegetables.
- Fill your snack cravings with Covered Bridge Potato chips or Lesser Evil’s popcorn.
- If you have access to a microwave at school or work, our single serving meals make the perfect lunch offering. Many of our Law Firm and Accounting Firm clients order them by the dozens during crunch times for their employees who are working long hours.
Look for our ‘Back to School’ themed dinner on Wednesday September 7th – Spaghetti and Meatballs!
We want to thank everyone for your support during our first month in our new location. It’s been going really well, and we are settling in nicely. Our spacious patio and huge parking lot have been real hits with our customer base. Wishing everyone a safe and happy return to school!