Eat Well, Feel Good
As a Red Apron Client, you know you're feeding yourself and your loved ones delicious and healthy meals at a great price.
We use environmentally friendly packaging: everything we deliver is either biodegradable, recyclable, or re-usable. We recycle all of our cardboard, and collect all of our vegetable compost which is picked up by our farmers and fed to their cows, pigs & chickens. We send very little garbage to the landfill.
All of our dried goods are organic, including beans, rice, pasta, flour & sugar, and we use whole grains where possible. We cook with canola oil & garnish with olive oil. In season, we buy much of our produce from local growers, and much of it is organic. We deal with meat producers from Ontario and Quebec, and where possible purchase meat that is hormone & antibiotic free. Our fish is ethically farm raised, or wild caught, and sustainable.
Our Gourmet Shoppe is stocked with local & organic food products that have been carefully selected by our team. Our criteria is quite strict. We look for small producers who use mostly local & organic ingredients when creating their products. All coffees & teas sold at the Red Apron are organic, and the coffees are locally roasted. Our dairy section contains organic milk, and Ontario & Quebec cheeses sourced primarily from small producers who produce the milk themselves, or source it locally.
We try to support small businesses that are also practicing environmentally friendly principles.
We avoid products that include artificial ingredients, preservatives, glucose, fructose, trans fats, dyes & MSG.
- Maison Orphée Organic Oils & Vinegars
- ChocoSol Chocolatiers Stone Ground Chocolate Bars
- Cocoa Camino Fair Trade & Organic Chocolate Bars
- Michaeldolce Jams
- Stasis Preserves
- Lov Organic Teas
- Clipper Teas - Fair Trade & Organic
- Heavenly Honey - Local & Unpasteurized
- Le Rucher des Framboisiers Organic Honey
- Les Saveurs d'Elgin Organic Canola Oil
- Tuyya Moroccan Extra-Virgin Olive Oils
- Mrs. McGarrigle's Mustards
- Major Craig's Chutneys
- Equator Coffee - Organic & Fairly Traded, Roasted in Almonte
- Happy Goat Coffee - Organic & Fairly Traded, Roasted in Ottawa
- Henderson Farm Preserves (Savoury Jams & Jellies)
- Margaret's Artisan Bakery Crackers & Flatbreads
- Joy Stix Breadsticks
- Neal Brother's Organic Corn Chips
- Finesse Boisée Pickled Fiddleheads & Mushroom Tapenade
- Nuts to You Organic Nut Butters
- Rootham's Gourmet Jellies
- Justine's Granola - Made with Organic & Local Ingredients
- Ferme Alska Maple Syrup
We also carry a careful selection of Ontario & Quebec cheeses from the following:
- Dairies:La Fromagerie Île-Aux-Grues, La Fromagerie du Presbytère, and La Fromagerie Abbaye St-Benoît
red apron basics
- Organic French Lentils
- Organic Chickpeas
- Organic Steel Cut Oats
- Organic Local, Popcorn (Unpopped)
- Organic White Beans
- Organic Black Beans
- Organic Quinoa
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Organic Cocoa Powder
- Organic Brown Basmati Rice
red apron blends
- Spice Blends (East Indian & Southern)
- Organic Caramel Corn (Spiced Nut & Honey Ginger Orange)